Interligne’s services are available to all those concerned with sexual orientation and gender identity. The services are:
- anonymous and confidential
- offered every day
For information or to confide…
You can also contact a listener using the following email address:
Interligne’s reply will be sent to the email address you use to write to us. If you do not have exclusive use of a computer, it is possible for someone else to read your mail. To ensure privacy , you can subscribe to an email service like Gmail or Hotmail, and create an anonymous email account using a pseudonym.
If you prefer to use the phone, call us at:
514 866-0103 (Montreal)
1 888 505-1010 (toll-free)
Sharing suffering remains the best way to alleviate it. It is not necessary to be in a crisis situation before considering phoning Interligne. Since 1980, Interligne has received thousands of phone calls regarding a variety of issues relating to sexual orientation and gender identity.
Here are some reasons why people call Interligne:
- Questions about one’s sexual orientation
- Discovery of one’s sexual orientation
- Difficulties to adapt to one’s sexual orientation
- Rejection, isolation, loneliness
- Gender identity
- Questions regarding a friend or loved one’s sexual orientation or gender identity
- Relationship between the family and a gay, lesbian, bisexual or trans child
- Difficulties at school or at work
- Suicidal ideas or intentions
- Sexual abuse
- Homophobia, biphobia, lesbophobia or transphobia
- AIDS and HIV
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Relationship problems
- Same-sex parenting or trans parenting
- Difficulties in a heterosexual couple where one partner is gay, lesbian, bisexual or trans
- Searching alternatives to bars
- Aging gays, lesbians, bisexual and trans people
- Cultural communities and sexual orientation and gender identity
- Substance abuse in connection with the difficulties of living one’s sexual orientation or gender identity
- Inquiries, search for information, resources and references
- Spirituality and religious beliefs related to sexual orientation and gender identity
- Any other question related to sexual orientation or gender identity
If you have a question and like to communicate by writing in real-time…
Try our online chat service
Availability of the service
The access button indicates whether the service is available or not available at the moment.
Keep your access priority
When you access the service and it is busy, a message will inform you after one minute of waiting. To keep your priority, you must stay online.
Best time to use the online chat services
You have a better chance to quickly access the service in the evening.
There is no need to disclose your name; you can use your first name or a pseudonym.
Rules of conduct
The private chat service is subject to the same rules of conduct as the helpline. It is forbidden to use erotic language, to disclose contact information or to try to get in touch with a helpline listener.
A service for the hearing impaired
The chat service enables the hearing impaired to exchange with a listener without the use of an interpreter.
Our helpline listeners
The person calling Interligne is entitled to the full attention of the person who will answer them. Our listeners have received training in active listening on all issues surrounding the realities faced by gays, lesbians, bisexuals, trans people and their loved ones. They have a thorough knowledge of LGBT issues, an open mind and an attitude devoid of prejudice. Their main motivation is that of helping others. Interligne’s services are also governed by a code of ethics to ensure the utmost respect of all our callers.