Are you concerned with gender and sexual diversity? Do you wish to advance the mission of Interligne, have the satisfaction of giving your time to a great cause and widen your network? Do you enjoy challenges and acquiring new skills and experiences? Do you possess expertise in governance, management, communications, marketing, philanthropy, accounting, law, human resources, or another relevant area and wish to get involved in a not-for-profit organization that keeps on growing?
If you have answered yes to these questions, you could contribute to Interligne’s board of directors. In order to best represent the members of the LGBTQ+ communities, Interligne is more specifically seeking women allies or those who identify with LGBTQ+ communities to occupy open positions on our board.
Interligne is a first response centre that provides help and information to those concerned with gender and sexual diversity. Because our services are accessible 24/7, we are available to LGBTQ+ persons, their friends and family, community service providers, professionals from the health, education, and social service sectors all over Canada, in French and in English. Through our awareness activities, we also prone greater openness to LGBTQ+ realities.
The Role of the Board of Directors
The keystone of a not-for-profit organisation is its Board of Directors. It is responsible for the health, viability and success of the organisation.
More particularly, the members of the board are responsible for:
- Establishing development strategies and direction,
- Establishing a long-term management policy,
- Widening the network of the organization,
- Developing the skills of the personnel,
- Adhere to the code of ethics of the organization and ensure its aplication,
- Seek fund raising opportunities.
To learn more about the role of board members, follow this link: https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cilp-pdci.nsf/vwapj/Primer_en.pdf/$FILE/Primer_en.pdf
- Attend board meetings (approx. 10 per year)
- Keep informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies, and projects, as well as ensuring their evolution.
- Head one or more of the organization’s working committees
- Attend various activities
- Seek opportunities within your network in order to support initiatives.
- Assist the board in the execution of its fiduciary responsabilities by revising its annual financial reports, missions, regulations, mandates, as well as the strategic plan of the organisation.
- Support the fund raising activities of the organisation.
How to Apply
Don’t wait any longer! Come join us!
Send your application to email@example.com by April 10, 2018 at the latest, to the attention of Robert Asselin, president of the organization. Your application must include a cover letter detailing your professional experience and your motivation for becoming a member of Interligne’s board of directors, as well as your CV.